A devastated Sarah emerged from the Reproductive Endocrinologist’s office. Her husband looked even more downcast, if anything. “It’s too late, too late” the words of Obgyn Emory ringing in their heads, they walked down to the car parking. The RE had told them that the Endometriosis had caused some obstetric hindrance, leaving Sarah with the permanent tag of “inconceivable”. Had they consulted only a couple of weeks ago, the problem was avoidable. But now, as tears stained her face, Sarah will never be a mother.
It is a story that might be termed fictional by many, but the truth lies within these words. Infertility is one of the major causes of lesser marital harmony among two souls. Although the awareness is rapidly spreading among the masses, the number of individuals who are still unable to decide when is the right time to see a fertility specialist is alarming. It is not like some chemotherapy for cancer, which has to follow a tight schedule. But, living in hope without knowing the truth can often hurt more than the chemotherapy. These lines are solely dedicated to the major issue: when should you see a Obgyn Emory?
When THIS happens, consult a Obgyn Emory
- In medical terms, a failure to conceive after a year of unprotected sexual intercourse suggests that there is something wrong with the reproductive system of the female or perhaps male counterpart. For females with age above 35 years, the span is further reduced to 6 months. Hence, one can always guess from these indicators that when is the right moment to ask for a fertility specialist’s help.
- A Hydrosalpinx is a medical condition in which the uterine tube is blocked due to some fluid’s presence. It is characterized by a painful intercourse and heavy periods. It is one of the major reasons leading to infertility.
- Endometriosis is tumorous growth of cells on external uterus area. Although there is no direct relationship between Infertility and Endometriosis, researches have shown that it is more common in the infertile women. Severe Endometriosis demands a fertility specialist to intervene.
- Egg supply and reserves are tested through various tests and if they are abnormal, it indicates a problem. For example a higher day 3 Follicle Stimulating Hormone outcome is considered as anomaly.
- If the sperm motility, which by the way is how are sperms moving in a semen sample, is under the critical percentage of 40%, it goes on to suggest that there might be seminal issues which are rendering the female inconceivable.
- Gonadotrophic issues, such as related to ovulation might be one of the many reasons leading to infertility. One such syndrome is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. In this condition, an imbalance between female hormones is observed. It eventually leads to cystic mass development on ovarian interior.
So, we hope that this article helps you in sensing and grasping the right moment to go to an Obgyn Emory.