When it comes to obstetrics, this field is linked to gynecology, dealing with the female reproductive system. More exactly said, this field is dealing with women during their pregnancy. From procedures, complications, the mother’s well-being, to the delivery process, reducing the risks that could happen during the pregnancy. How can an obstetrician help you during your pregnancy? What are his functions during your pregnancy?
What is an obstetrician exactly?
An obstetrician in Morrow South GA is a doctor that specializes in the female reproductive system. This type of doctor is dealing with pregnancy and child birth. The obstetrician is a good choice to have for consults and during the process of the whole pregnancy and child birth, helping you get through the process with minimal medical risks.
This specialist will take of you during the pregnancy; giving you detailed care and making needed tests to keep you and your baby safe, helping you get through pregnancy and child birth safer and easier.
The obstetrician is highly trained in fields like pre-pregnancy health, health during the pregnancy phase, the process of labor, after child birth issues, and genetic consulting.
If you choose to have an o obstetrician in Morrow South GA specialist during your pregnancy and child birth, this doctor will take care of you and your baby’s health in several fields.
During the pregnancy phase, obstetricians are:
- Monitoring the health of the mother and the development of the baby. They are taking needed precaution tests like ultrasounds and measurements.
- Constant checks for any kind of health issues that the mother has and they can cause problems on her health or the development of the baby. This includes high blood pressure, any kind of infections, diabetes, or some genetic disorders.
- Giving many pieces of advice for improving and keeping the health of the mother and the baby on a high level. Diet advice, pregnancy exercises, medications that the mothers must take, and many consults about how to keep the mother healthy during the pregnancy.
- Helping the mother get through the phase of morning sickness easier, helping with the back or leg pain that often happens during the pregnancy, complaints about heartburn, and much more.
- Always available for answering any type of questions that the mother has about her pregnancy and the baby issues.
- Explaining detailly the whole process of child birth, everything the mother must know about the labor and delivery.
- Being there for the mother during the labor, delivering the baby.
- Monitoring the mother’s help while she is recovering from the child birth.
What is the obstetrician role during and after your pregnancy?
From the beginning of your pregnancy, during the whole phase, to the end of your pregnancy and even after the child birth, your obstetrician is certainly having the main role in your pregnancy team.
Your obstetrician in Morrow South GA will work with the rest of your pregnancy team, from nurses, midwives, physician assistant, to other needed medical professionals; giving you the best care you and your baby need during this process.
This professional will help you learn everything you need to know about pregnancy, the baby, the labor, helping you understand the whole process and answer all your questions. Your obstetrician may require from you and the future dad to attend some child birth class or pregnancy education classes.
When the labor starts, your obstetrician in Morrow South GA will be there during the process, monitoring and minimizing the risks, monitoring your labor progress, and finally delivering your baby.
Most of the obstetricians, when the day for labor is near are available any time of the day, so if your labor starts sooner you can reach them on phone no matter the time of the day.